Thursday, August 22, 2013

Last Week of Summer

Well, I survived a summer alone with three girls, and is it just me or did this summer seem to FLY by way to fast? It is bittersweet for me because as I will miss the time alone with just me and my girls, I so long for the day that Kris will come off that plane!! We are now at 138 days!! I am beyond excited!!

Meet the Teacher was tonight for Kinadie and Kara. Kinadie's second grade teacher is Mrs. Bond and Kara's Kindergarten teacher is Mrs. Anderson. We were also excited to find out that a friend of Kara's will be in the same class with her. Kinadie was given a bouncy ball to let her know that they will be having "A BALL" being in second grade, and Kara's teacher gave Kara some jitter glitter to sprinkle on herself for the first day jitters. I'm not sure we will be needing it as Kara has said that she is so ready to go back to school! We'd have gotten a picture of Kinadie and her teacher but there were just so many people there! We'll have to get one on the first day of school.


To celebrate the end of summer we decided to go out to eat. Red Lobster was always my favorite growing up so we went and had cherry cokes, shared the popcorn shrimp and of course the Chocolate Wave Cake a la mode! It was so yummy and there was nothing left to take home! I'll have to remember that we 4 girls can all share the popcorn shrimp for next time! Yummy!



 
 


As we were leaving they wanted to take some pictures. We turned the corner and the girls spotted some roses. I'd have to say that roses are their favorite flower. So we stopped to smell the roses. Perfect ending to a wonderful summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment