Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Time Out!

Remember playing tag at recess and someone calling, "Time Out! Start Over!"? Well, that was me today. It wasn't because I'm stressed or overdoing anything. It was simply that God was saying, "Okay... Time Out...Start Over." It is so freeing to know that I can start brand new and all the junk before just blows away like ashes after a fire.

"for the righteous fall seven times, they rise again, but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes." Proverbs 24:16
 
Yes, I fall completely to the ground, flat on my face. But you know what? I'm not going to stay there. God will pick me up. And I am so glad I don't just keep stumbling along down the same dark path, unable to be free.
 
 
Today I took time to refocus. I used today to stop and enjoy the moment. I really wanted to enjoy my kids. I needed to refocus my heart and push out anything getting in between of my time with God. I needed to invite peace into my home. I wanted a time out to restart this life and live it how God has called me to live it.
 
 I have a few things that I want to do with the girls that God has laid on my heart. I think I got so busy doing things for them that I forgot to teach them along the way. I forgot to take the time to show them our purpose on Earth.
 
So, today I was inspired to just spend some quality time with the girls. Here is what we did today:

A chef must always cook in her tutu!  :)
 




 
Kaylee Jo has really enjoyed cooking lately. 
 
 
 
This afternoon we got out some material, needles, and
thread and made some doll clothes.
 

 
Kaylee Jo is measuring here.


 
Kinadie is working on threading her needle.

 
We ended the night with a horse story, a book about sharing, and some bible lessons about how to honor and respect God's name. It is thrown around so much at school that the girls have heard it and so it was perfect that our lesson was about respecting God's name. It was also a lesson in capitalizing first names.
 
I pray that I can wake with the same peaceful heart. I pray that new visions for teaching my children will be shown. I pray that they love the Lord with all their heart, with all their soul, with all their mind, and all their strength because I so long to do the same.
 
 "And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise."  -Deuteronomy 6:6-7
 


2 comments:

  1. Amen! Very nicely said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said. Thank you for sharing His love and revelation through Him speaking to you. A wonderful reminder to stop and breathe in all He has for each one of us. I love you Valerie and I am so thankful you are ours! Love Momatu

    ReplyDelete