Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Eating veggies!

 I was surprised at lunch to see my oldest gobble up some canned spinach. Growing up in daycare we were forced to eat it if we wanted any bread and butter and pickles. Bread and butter and pickles was like dessert there at Mrs. Pillow's. There was nothing I hated worse than canned spinach! But to my amazement Kinadie ate that first thing and then asked for more! She does the same thing with asparagus. Of course anything Kinadie really likes, Kara despises. But I am on a mission to find a way that Kara will eat it and to find more recipes using vegetables. How do you get your kids to eat their veggies? 

4 comments:

  1. Hey try frozen spinach with Kara. Steam it then add butter and salt. It takes out the sour taste that the can spinach has. SO much better!!1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the deceptively delious cookbook if you would like to borrow let me know. It is very creative but my kids could sniff out the veggies. Also remind me to tell you about the face plates ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arianna also does not like canned spinach, but recently I made us brussel sprouts and she loved them...She also loves broccoli and carrots and any kind of fruit. So I guess spinach is just a no go with her = )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Kristi I am going to try that.
    Laci, I have been looking for that cook book but I guess I forgot about it. I would love to look through it some time to see if its worth getting. Britt- We all LOVE brussel sprouts. Try sauteing them with golden raisins and bacon. We love them that way!

    ReplyDelete