Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Yummy Beef Stir Fry

This was so good and so easy! I will be making this again with some chicken!
First I added some oil. Sesame oil would be great but I had none so light olive oil is what I used. Then I sauteed garlic and green onion. I would have added fresh ginger here, too. I added ground ginger to the meat. So I added the boneless beef sirloin, soy sauce, oyster sauce (this makes a lot of difference), salt and pepper. (Eye-ball it) Once cooked on both sides I removed and added a little more oil.

Then I added all the veggies. Carrot, broccoli, cabbage, zucchini, and mushrooms. I added some salt to help it sweat out and put a lid on. Make sure you get all the good brown bits off the bottom of the pan from the beef!

Boil the noodles or cook your rice and add them to the vegetable to soak up some of the yummy sauce.

Put on a big serving platter and add the beef back on top. Enjoy!

Kris loved it and Kara was really eating up the veggies! I know Kinadie will eat it up! She has my taste buds. I love all Asian food. Wished I'd have realized this when I was in Hawaii. I'd have gone to eat sushi more.

On another note, Kara's doctor called and said she did in fact break her collar bone. Not much they can do about it though. So she's wearing a sling for 2-3 weeks. She can't really play much so she's been watching a lot of TV :op Thinking about going to the library to check out some videos for her. She's a trooper though.

No comments:

Post a Comment