Friday, May 16, 2014

Our Trip to Kaiserslautern

Saturday was my day to decide what I wanted to do and where I wanted to go. I chose the farmer's market in Kaiserslautern and it didn't let me down. We had such a fun relaxing day. Our first stop was a bakery called Barbarossa Baeckerei. You could smell the fresh baked breads from down the street. Kinadie, Kris, and I got a pretzel and Kaylee Jo and Kara got "hert-kuchen." It was a sweet flat bread with a sweet glaze on top and a chocolate drizzled heart. A lot of their bread had hearts on them. I didn't translate their web page but it looked like some of their profits go towards helping kids in some way.








We walked a few blocks to get to the market. Small shops line both sides of the streets. Further down to the plaza there is a church. They had music playing and later there were groups performing fairy tales and handing out pink balloons. Perfect for these girly girls. They girls loved these little bouncers along the way.




Here is the market. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.



We all had our eyes on some strawberries! Here is Kaylee Jo trying to decide which ones to buy!



I thought it was just for Easter but I guess these colored eggs are available for longer. Kara thought we should have bought some of these!


This is a cheese stand. I tried to get a better picture but there were too many people test tasting the cubes of cheese. Who could blame them! We ended up buying some Nazareth cheese and some "rot wein" cheese. Both were very good. The cheese and strawberries were all gobbled up before we left the market. We found a nice place to sit with a cup of coffee and snack on our findings.  




We always try to remember to bring lunch for home because dining in Germany can get pretty expensive. Lunch was eaten (dare I say) in the truck on the way to our next stop. Next on the trip was a stop at Gartenschau or otherwise known as The Dinosaur Trail. We got a good deal on season passes and will be visiting more often. There was so much for the girls to do. Not only were there life size dinosaurs but there was also a Lego room, skate park, miniature golf, soccer field, hiking, sand pit, and lots of play equipment.































This is what all was left when we got home. 



I have no idea what this card says but I won't deny chocolate hearts! We ended our night at home watching a movie while the girls played in their room. By the end of the movie, the girls were so exhausted that they put them selves to bed. I'd call that a great Mother's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment